I am a modern man. My body is my temple. I eat clean, exercise often, moisturise daily and aim to carry myself like my grandfather carried himself. I travel as often as I can and keep up to date with current affairs & the technological world we live in. This blog has no sole purpose or genre. It's about man stuff.
I want to share these great findings.

Thursday 26 June 2014

R1

Like most men, I occasionally suffer with ingrown hairs (especially on the neck). To combat this I have really taken a liking to traditional wet shaving with a good brush and DE razor. Alternatively I occasionally whip out the beard trimmer and keep a short maintained stubble. Both solutions have worked excellently. This said, nothing can beat the ease, comfort and results of a simple Gillette Mach 3 blade. Sure I still get the odd ingrown but the process is quick and effective when going clean. The majority of barbers would recommend a 3 blade cartridge (Mach3) over a 5 blade one (fusion/hydro 5) any day of the week. Primarily because you simply don't need 5 blades running over your face. The extra blades often just cause irritation. To upgrade my Mach 3 I bought a Bolin Webb R1 razor handle and stand. It's sleek, well made and visually appealing. This set looks great in any bathroom. Available at Harrods and Fortnum & Mason or alternatively online. JB


No comments:

Post a Comment